Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Meat Puppets

During my ticket buying spree for fall concerts, I went on a whim and bought one for The Meat Puppets. I've never heard their music before, but my parents like them and I heard they could be punk-y (friends of The Minutemen, no less) so that's how I found myself at The Frequency on a Monday night. I'm proud of the shittiness of these particular photos. The Frequency is a long, black rectangle and it was pretty packed for the show. These are the only two times I took my phone out during the whole set, so you gotta take what you can get! 
Enemy Planes
The opener was Enemy Planes and I caught the second half of their set. They ruled. As the opener left, their lead singer told us in the audience who have never seen Meat Puppets before that we were in for a treat. We sure were. These guys have been rocking their atmospheric, country, punk rock blend for 30 years. Enemy Plane's set made me want to check out their studio work. Meat Puppets' set made me want to check out their discography.
Meat Puppets @ The Frequency

No comments:

Post a Comment